3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 2:01 PM by AndrewC1264

Tabs in paragraph palette not working

AndrewC1264 Level 1

Hi,

Anyone else experiencing this problem...

When I click a field in the Paragraph formatting palette, it often starts out highlighting in grey, or not at all, and typing a number just erases the text I have highlighted... i.e. it does not accept the input into the field I have highlighted.

This was a problem on my old MacBookPro late 2011 with OS 10.11 and remains a problem with a newer version of InDesign on my brand new MacBookPro Late 2016. This was NOT a problem prior to about September or October of last year.

This shows what happens when I click and drag over the first number - it turns grey, not blue. So it is not active and cannot be typed into.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.26.06 PM.png

This show what happens when I try to type something, either the highlighted text disappears or the cursor in the field goes to the end of the number - BUT STILL DOES NOT ACCEPT AN INPUT.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.26.27 PM.png

So I have to go to the next field and double-click - sometimes it highlights, sometimes it does not. But this is what the first field should look like - highlighted in blue to accept an input over the existing data.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.26.35 PM.png

Tabbing from a field that is highlighted in blue allows input in the next field, but now I have to cycle through all of the fields in order to get back to the first field to input something.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.26.53 PM.png

And back again to highlight it manually - it's grey again - and DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY INPUT.

I truly believe the quality of the programming of Adobe products has hit an all-time low.

This is adding too much time to my production and is a completely unnecessary impediment.

Really hoping someone can shed some light on this and get this fixed once and for all.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew