• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Preview Option!

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My smart preview option in preferences is not available. I create Smart Previews but when I go to check the option for using Smart Previews in Develop mode it is not available. All I have under the Performance tab is Camera Raw window. I have checked that the smart previews are in the catalog folder. My LR is up to date. LR is showing that there is a smart preview available.

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks

Mattias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Probably you need to update your Lightroom to the latest version which is Lightroom CC 2015.8

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is the version i found:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.0.1 [ 1018573 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you need to update your Lightroom to the latest version which is Lightroom CC 2015.8

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, why does my creative cloud tell me I'm up to date? Do I need to have my other apps updated i wonder? PS and Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because sometimes the Creative Cloud app is wrong (which has been known to happen). Or perhaps your operating system doesn't allow updates beyond the one you have. Or maybe there's some other reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, cool! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reloaded LR Classic and it didn't make previews when I imported files.  How can i make previews when it fails to do so, or do I only have the option of doing one file at a time in the library of LR Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC always makes previews when you import (sometimes it only makes minimal previews, depending on an option you can set). So, why do you think it didn't make previews?

To make previews after the fact, select all of the desired photos and then Library->Previews-> (select the desired option here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking about smart previews, in a library module go to the library menu, previews option, and there's an option to build smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines