3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 8:13 AM by dj_paige

Lightroom 5 Error 5

amandag81053975

It won't let me uninstall and re-install. It pops up as error:5 when i open.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5 Error 5
          dj_paige Level 9

More details would be helpful. Things like operating system version, what are you opening (you say "when i open")? In other words, we need a lot more information -- emphasis on the word "lot".

Also, if there is actual text associated with this error message, please quote the exact completed unedited word-for-word error message.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5 Error 5
            amandag81053975 Level 1

i have mac 10.7.5 and downloading photoshop cc 14 was fine but downloading lightroom 5 stopped and i restarted the computer - then when i try to open it it says error:5 and it doesnt give me the option to uninstall it - i am "opening" it from the cloud  -- this is what it says:

"configuration error

please uninstall and reinstall the product

if this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen

Error: 5

http://www.adobe.com/support/

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5 Error 5
              dj_paige Level 9

I don't understand "opening it from the cloud"

You say "... but downloading Lightroom 5 stopped and i restarted the computer", did you actually complete a download of Lightroom 5?

Did you contact Adobe technical support, as advised?