I have a serious problem that troubleshooting has not been able to fix. I'm running the up-to-date version of Lightroom on Windows 10 64-bit.
My system has an NVIDIA GeForece GTX 960 with updated drivers and has worked fine for a year.
This problem started two days ago without any obvious cause (i.e. no new software installed on the system, no hardware changes). After Lightroom opens, the application remains usable for a short period of time (5-10 seconds) and then freezes. I have tried:
- Wait for the application to respond. Doesn't.
- Uninstall/re-install Lightroom - same result.
- Restart and create new catalog - same result with new catalog so not a problem with my default catalog.
- Restart and reset preferences - same result.
- Manually turned off GPU acceleration (useAutoBahn = false)
- All of my other applications are functioning normally.
Windows Problem Details in the Security and Maintenance control panel shows the following:
The program lightroom.exe version 188.8.131.52 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 37fc
Start Time: 01d27676a66a2e93
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe
Report Id: aab923c3-e26b-11e6-93db-305a3a537647
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I have searched extensively online for possible solutions or similar reports and have not found a solution. I would greatly appreciate help on this. I'm getting fairly desperate.
Did you try updating lightroom to version 6.9?