• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop layers. Context menu rolled up. Type tool lag issue.

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

Once again I'm back to this forums with another Photoshop issues.

Few months ago I've spent countless hours trying to solve my lagging pen tool issue on Win machine. Without any luck. I was really glad when I've realized that problem disappeared in 2017 version.

But, one problem disappeared, another one occurred...

I've switched to a Mac (the newest MacBook Pro) with hope that everything will work better and in a more reliable way. I was in a mistake.

1st issue. This is what happens when I right click on a Smart Object. Menu is rolled up. See screenshot.

screenshot1.jpg

When layer is rasterized, everything's fine:

Untitled-2.jpg

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

2nd issue. Terrible text field performance in 2017 version (screenshots come from 2015.5 which is still better than 2017). Please see video:

Photoshop CC 2017 - Type Tool Slow issue - YouTube

It comes from another user - I've found it in another thread (I'm not alone with this problem). I've called another designer and he has exactly the same problem.

My question is, why these problems didn't occur in previous version of Photoshop? I've never had any issues with CS5, CS6.

CC is a never ending problem solving!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Hi,

Please update Photoshop to its latest update for CC 2017.1, which includes the fix for Photoshop CC 2017: TypeTool Slow | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Refer: Photoshop CC 2017.1 (April 2017) Update Now Available

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawelm,

The first issue is an expected behavior by photoshop because it is as per design.

The second issue is a known issue, I request you to follow the link mentioned below and cast your vote on this issue by clicking on me too so that our engineering team is made aware of this ongoing issue.

Photoshop CC 2017: TypeTool Slow | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update Photoshop to its latest update for CC 2017.1, which includes the fix for Photoshop CC 2017: TypeTool Slow | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Refer: Photoshop CC 2017.1 (April 2017) Update Now Available

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to inform but new version hasn't fixed this problem at all. I'm going back to 2015...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawelm,

Sorry the update isn't helping yet. Can you confirm that the update did install correctly?

If you goto help > System Info within Photoshop, can you paste the first 10 lines or so of text?

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything's ok now (after the latest update), thanks for your help Pete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines