2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2008 6:08 AM by mooresm

Cfmail attachment failing at 7Mb

mooresm Level 1
      I have an app where users can upload files that get attached to an email message. Whenever the file size exceeds 7Mb in my testing, the mail fails, goes into the Undelivr directory and the mail.log shows:"IOException while sending message." The exception.log shows: "javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error"

The file was successfully uploaded and exists as specified on the cfmailparam tag.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Cfmail attachment failing at 7Mb
          tclaremont Level 2
          What mail server are you using. Are you the admin on that mail server? It is possible that there is a max limit set on the mail server to prevent people from sending ridiculously large email attachments such as this.

When it says "software caused connection abort" it could be the mail server refusing the attachment.

If the user can "upload" a file, then why arent you using the CFFILE tag with the file upload processes?
          • 2. Re: Cfmail attachment failing at 7Mb
            mooresm Level 1
            Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Using SMTP in Windows 2003 Server. Property "Limit session size to (KB)" was set to 10240. After unchecking this box, all large attachments going through.