Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro forces double save

Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a user at the company I work for who is running into issues with Adobe Acrobat Pro. When the user opens a pdf to edit it, It forces her to save both the old copy and the revised copy of the pdf before closing. The user is also unable to search PDF's if you do ctrl+f to find and enter a string or numeric value that is known to be in the pdf it will always return "no search results were found". I have tried to purge the cache contents as well as increasing maximum cache size but no resolution as of yet. Please help

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the PDF in which the search is attempted contains no text, and it is a scanned (image-based) pdf.  A search will never yield results on an image based PDF, until the OCR process is run to convert from image to text-based content.  If you go to Tools>Edit PDF, can you select any of the text?  If not, your file is image-based, and a 'find" won't work.

If you find that this is the case, and you would like to try the OCR function, it is in Tools>Enhance Scans>Recognize Text.

Hope this helps.  My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened the PDF of other machine an am able to search through it. But can't seem to get it to work on this specific machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also be curious if the Advance Search feature is also unable to run on this file/machine.  Click Edit and Advanced Search... to try it.

search.jpg

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines