2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 10:22 AM by TankCat

Start wiggle/shaking effect mid-video?

TankCat Level 1

Hello, I'm back again.

Pretty much I want to create a wiggle/shaking effect at a certain point in my clip.

I know how to create the wiggle effect but getting it to start a specific point is the problem. I've tried using key frames but it just makes the entirety of the clip shaky. I've also tried creating a new camera and null object but I'm getting the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Start wiggle/shaking effect mid-video?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The easiest way to do this is the select the point in your timeline where you want the wiggle to start and press Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + d to split the layer and then add your wiggle to new part of the layer.

There are other ways. If you are using a wiggle expression you can use the Keyframe Assistant to convert the Expression to keyframes and then delete the keyframes where you don't want the wiggle. You could also write a more complex expression based on valueAtTime. You could even ramp up the wiggle and then ramp it down with an expression using layer markers or valueAtTime, but for what you are describing, the easiest solution is to simply split the layer and then add wiggle.

• 2. Re: Start wiggle/shaking effect mid-video?
            TankCat Level 1

You're a legend, thank you so much