• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Form fields aren't exporting with their borders showing....

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've created an interactive form in InDesign (current version), nad when I export the form there's a few problems I'm having. Perhaps you can help?

I created text boxes, applied a border stroke to them, and then converted the text box to a form field, set for "text" and multiline. However, when the form exports all I see is a purple/blue box with no stroke. I'd love to just have the stroked box with no background at all, or at the very least the colored box with the stroke I set.

If I export the form as a regular print pdf (non-interactive), the border stroke doesn't show up either. The only way I can get the border stroke to appear is if I convert the interactive field back to a regular (non interactive) object. Any help to get me where I want to be?  Thanks!

-jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Or, it may be easier to edit the form field and add the stroke in Acrobat Pro:

Acrobat Pro017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Borders around form fields just don't carry over iinto the PDF.

Instead, duplicate the text frame and put the copy behind the form field. Stroke the copy instead. You may need to set the stroke to Align Stroke to Outside.

Acrobat Pro016.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or, it may be easier to edit the form field and add the stroke in Acrobat Pro:

Acrobat Pro017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines