• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error importing Acrobat files

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2008 Oct 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created two different Acrobat files, one from Word and one from Powerpoint, using Acrobat 9. When I try to import either of these files into my RoboHelp 7 project I get this error:

RoboHelp HTML could not open filepath/filename because it is not a supported file type or because the file has been corrupted.

I can import some other Acrobat files that I think were created with an older version of Acrobat, but I haven't tried enough samples to know for sure that it is an Acro 9 vs older Acro problem.

As a workaround, I can import the source Word file directly, which works fine. But I can't find a way to get the PP in to RoboHelp. When I try to save the PP as Word or html, it converts terribly--I have Office 2007. You all don't need to solve my Microsoft problems though, but if anyone can shed light on why RH 7 won't take my Acrobat files, please do help!

Thanks,

Maureen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a similar problem with a pdf file created from Frame Maker. I am using the Technical Communications Suite, with an 'enhanced' version of Frame Maker, as well as Acrobat Pro Extended.

When I try to import the pdf file, I get the same message: not a supported file type, or a corrupted file.

Yes, I know you can import the Frame Maker files into Robo Help, but Robo Help is unable to handle complex formatting (cell table, bullet item, one work in bold) without spontaneously changing the font and the font size.

This file opens and displays fine with Acrobat 8.1 and Acrobat 9 Pro Extended

Sigh.

I am down to editing the Robo Help files by hand, and praying I don't do anything (like trying to split the topics up into smaller pages) that will wipe out my changes (yes, there is a 'do not update' setting -- that doesn't work, either 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp