Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BC Blog Module

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Sorry I'm a newbie to BC and Muse however I have created a site in Muse and came across the BC blogging module which i have incorporated into my Muse site using embedded HTML and the {tag_pagecontent} as suggested by BC.

I have the blog formatted to match the rest of the site and it works fine. Although when I add a new post using the Blog Module in BC the text does not format.

For example If i want to bullet point a load of text I can select the text and click the bullet point tool, however this does not show in the design window and nor does it format the text in the Blog. Also if i select a text and make it bold this will not show up on the website when published.

I have spoken the BC help and they say that it is a conflict with my template which would sort of make sense but as i cannot see text being formatted in the blog module design window i think this is a BC side issue. Has anyone else had the same or similar problem and if so can you help explain what the problem could be.

I really want to use BC as my main option to Clients but if they cannot log in and upload a blog post simply then what is the point of having it in the first place?

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

As an old Muse user, I have had experience with this. Best solution is to have an external stylesheet linked to your site.  In BC, go the ADMIN Panel, click on Develop, go to Stylesheets, and create a styles.css file (or name it whatever you want, just make sure to add .css as the extension).  Copy the file path - i.e. /stylesheets/styles.css.

In Muse, go to your Page Template(s), in the Page Properties, add <link href="/stylesheets/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">. Publish to site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an old Muse user, I have had experience with this. Best solution is to have an external stylesheet linked to your site.  In BC, go the ADMIN Panel, click on Develop, go to Stylesheets, and create a styles.css file (or name it whatever you want, just make sure to add .css as the extension).  Copy the file path - i.e. /stylesheets/styles.css.

In Muse, go to your Page Template(s), in the Page Properties, add <link href="/stylesheets/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">. Publish to site.  Then using your newly developed stylesheet, create some css styles and apply them to your blog.

Personally, I would just create a "template" file in Muse, with the {tag_pagecontent} added, and use this template for your Blog, then do all of your blog styling in BC, this way you have better control of the layout, including css styling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines