• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation problem

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with rotating a heart with a letter standing still, but every time it is halfway there, you can still see the grey of the letter. Is there any way that it would rotate without that happening?Problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear exactly what you want, but If you want different elements to interact in a 3D space (e.g. one to pass through or circle round another, casting shadows etc) , then you need to merge the 3D layers so that they are separate objects in the same layer. You can then animate them using the timeline in the 3D workspace.

To merge - select the relevant layers in the layers panel and use 3D - Merge 3D layers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the heart to make a full rotation while the H is standing still. As you can see in the picture, the heart gets partly overflowed with the letter H. I don't want that to happen. If I merge them, they both will rotate and I only want the heart to rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mysterym34787349 wrote:

If I merge them, they both will rotate and I only want the heart to rotate.

No, if you merge two 3D layers and animate each object on the timeline then one can stand still whilst the other rotates as long as you animate the objects not the camera.

Merging them puts them both in the same space so they can cast shadows and move around each other.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick demo :

Both objects (H and Ring)  are were built separately then merged into the same layer

Only one, the ring, is animated in the timeline :

Ring-and-H.gif

I hope that helps

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I will try that and if it doesn't work, I'll come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines