• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update to latest version of Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update my version of Lightroom CC so that I can import RAW files from my new Canon 5D mark iv. I have updated Lightroom to version 2015.5.1 and it says that Lightroom is now up to date. However, this is not the latest version and I still cannot import photos from my camera. I pay monthly for the latest version of Lightroom and Photoshop.

Does anyone know how I can update to the latest version?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

I finally managed to get online with the live chat. A guy from Adobe remote controlled my pc and told me my version of Lightroom was not the latest despite the CC app saying that it was. He went to a download site and installed the latest version. I can now import RAW files from my Canon 5D mark iv.

He said there was some problem with the Creative Cloud app but it is working fine now.

Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your os is compatible,

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

In addition to the suggestions from Kglad, I've seen this article help in some instances:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions, kglad and David__B. I'll give it go tonight when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all those solutions but unfortunately none of them work.

The link that kglad posted just takes me to myCreative Cloud and tells me that Lightroom is up to date.

I've tried all the solutions that David__B suggested: The 'check for updates' is greyed out so I can't select it, Ctrl+Alt+R does nothing, 3 and 4 do not work; I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom as I'm worried I will loose my image catalogue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should see this at the link i posted,

Screenshot - 1_27_2017 , 1_33_41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad. That link opens up a window in my browser listing versions of Lightroom, but there are no clickable links...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can definitely reinstall Lightroom without affecting your catalog or images. Our support could assist if you're nervous about the process.

Here is the default location: Photoshop Lightroom catalog FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. I've now uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom, but it hasn't solved the problem. It has installed a different version as the splash screen is different - a forest scene instead of a blue woman's face as before. I checked for the version but it just says 2015. I still can't import RAW files from my Canon 5D mark iv.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a different browser.  clicking the lr 6.8 link should take you to a page where you see this:

Screenshot - 1_27_2017 , 2_09_45 PM.png

and the download links start your download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it in Chrome and Firefox and it does the same. It brings up a window with the list, but no clickable links:

Clipboard01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could work with our support directly, just sign in with the Adobe ID associated with your membership and there should be contact options at the bottom

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! That was the first thing I tried, but despite it saying the live chat is available 24/7, it's never been available whenever I've tried so far!

Thanks anyway.

I hope they can sort this out soon. Not much point me paying a monthly subscription for a product that doesn't work properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you're clicking the image in message 5 instead of clicking the appropriate link in message 1.

the only links in my messages in this thread are in message 1.  the rest are images.

scroll to message 1, click the lightroom 6.8 link and download your installation file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see your second message is just an image - sorry! I also tried clicking the links in the first message, but it just takes me to my CC  app where it says Lightroom is up to date so I can't download the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad I managed to get your link to work and downloaded the latest version of Lightroom. However, it still does not support RAW files from my Canon 5D mark iv. Here is the splash screen from Lightroom - I assume it's the latest version as it doesn't give the version number anywhere:

LightroomSplash.jpg

I've tried contacting Adobe support, but the only option is live chat and it's never available. Does anyone know how I can contact Adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that article already. I'm not using Dual Pixel RAW, just standard RAW format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the cr version in your lr?  if it's 9.7 or 9.8, that's that needed version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find out what version I have? My CC app says it's up to date, but it doesn't say anywhere which version it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open lr > click help > about cr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says its camera raw version 9.0. Why is it saying its up to date when it's not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know, but that's the problem.

do you have a subscription or the perpetually licensed lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay a monthly subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop.

At at least we know what the problem is. Now we just need to find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your os?

do you have the cc desktop app installed?

do you have any other cc programs installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines