• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating LR for License Holders

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Lightroom license holder, how do I go about updating from Lightroom 5.7.1 to the newer version?  I've contacted Adobe Support where I was able to chat with "Vikrant" who is based in India.  His ONLY advice was for me to go on the forum page.  So...here I am (thanks to Vikrant).

So I'm assuming that it's a simple question...as a license holder to Lightroom, am I able to update to the latest version.  I've already tried to update via Lightroom, but it tells me that I have the most recent version (LR 5.7.1).

Vikrant tells me that an expert will be able to assist me through this forum...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Lightroom 5.7.1 is the last version of LR 5.

You will need to purchase an upgrade to LR 6 or subscribe to Adobe Photography Plan; Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC 2015. See the link below for the Adobe product page where you can purchase Lightroom $149 or change to the upgrade $79.

Software & Services

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 is the last version of LR 5.

You will need to purchase an upgrade to LR 6 or subscribe to Adobe Photography Plan; Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC 2015. See the link below for the Adobe product page where you can purchase Lightroom $149 or change to the upgrade $79.

Software & Services

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As DdeGannes said, you have to purchase the newer version. All of this assumes that your operating system will support the current Lightroom 6.8/Lightroom CC 2015.8. You must have a 64 bit operating system, more details are here: System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

DJ...... a reminder to keep comments on topic. Thank you.

Geoff Walker - Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I'll look into it.  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines