6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 8:31 AM by try67

Can you extract/print multiple pages from single pdf based on a keyword or specific comment?

ejmerry

Hey Guys & Gals,

I'm dealing with a 500 page pdf with multiple bookmarks and would like to know if it's possible to extract/print certain pages based on a keyword or specific comment.

I've tried to look this up and I believe it is possible technically, but has never been done before. If you've ever used iTunes or Photos, this function I'm asking for is similar to a Smart Playlist or Smart Album. You enter a keyword or identifier on a specific item and then can pull up all items marked with that identifier without having to look up all those items individually. Now switch word "item" with "page" and that's what I'd like to do with this pdf.

The closest I've found so far is an action that will extract pages from a pdf that are commented on and saves them to their own pdf in the same directory as the original. I believe this is a javascript action and maybe I need to modify this javascript code to pull comments with certain words in them. I don't know javascript or coding at all, but this is just a guess.

Do think you can help me or point me to something like this that has been done before. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a solution.