3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 8:45 AM by Günter Heißenbüttel

Text field, rectangle ... linked?

_bernard_ Level 3

Picture this:

• Rectangle on 1 layer, stretched from edge to edge and layer locked.
      • Text box on a separate layer, not locked.

I move the text box and everything on the locked layer moves with it (and it the process destroying a very meticulously laid-out arrangement higher up on the page). Why are they linked? How do I unlink them? Why is a locked layer, well, not locked?

• 1. Re: Text field, rectangle ... linked?
          Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

Can’t reproduce. Perhaps there are other parameters, which you don’t mention.

Do the following: Create a new site with only one page with only those 2 elements. Upload this .muse file to dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

• 2. Re: Text field, rectangle ... linked?
            _bernard_ Level 3

Thanks Günter. I've since built the rectangles into the master page, and that has resolved the issue (no longer have access to the state the muse file was in when the problem persisted, but thanks for offering the inspect the file).

I did, however, notice that the rectangles – when created and placed – did not expand the height of the page. Clearly this is related, but is beyond my understanding how a shape can be placed on a (regular, no master-) page without influencing the usual behaviour of automatically resizing (vertically).

• 3. Re: Text field, rectangle ... linked?
              Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

This simply happens, if the object is defined as a "footer" element. This happens automatically, when you start drawing the object (inadvertently) in the footer area.