Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing image inside rectangle to hide outlier size

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to place my photo into a rectangle and to only view whats inside the rectangle. Currently the image goes over the shape. I know this used to be a feature that worked so please let me know how to do so. Heres a picture of how it currently looks, instead I want it to only show whats inside the haircut section:Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 5.46.24 PM.png

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Hi arshiam93-

If you're on Mac, you can use Mask with Shape. You should draw a rectangle over the image in the shape you want, select them both, and then select Mask with Shape.

Here's an example: Elaine Chao on Twitter: "#adobexd #protip Love that negative spacing and repeat grid. Hate the selvage? Check out mask w…

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arshiam93-

If you're on Mac, you can use Mask with Shape. You should draw a rectangle over the image in the shape you want, select them both, and then select Mask with Shape.

Here's an example: Elaine Chao on Twitter: "#adobexd #protip Love that negative spacing and repeat grid. Hate the selva...

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It works well except I dont want the blue outline of my rectangle to disappear. How can I mask it without removing the outline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, you can't do that right now. I'd suggest creating two rectangles, one with the border and one as the mask.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines