• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed installation 'cos of CD counterfeit (purchased new)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new CD (Photoshop/Premiere Elements 15) from Amazon and had no problem installing both on my laptop. Recently I had problems with my laptop so I did a Windows 10 reset. I re-installed both Photoshop and Premiere. The first one installed okay but when installing Premiere it says that my CD is counterfeit, so it would not perform the installation!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

I'd recommend you contact Adobe Customer Service via Chat. They'll be able to help you identify if your program is a counterfeit and, if not, how to install it.

Meantime, if you've done a Windows 10 reset, it is a good idea to go to your computer manufacturer's web site (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.) and, on the support page, you download and install all of the manufacturer's system drivers. A simple reset to Windows 10 may not have installed some necessary components.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd recommend you contact Adobe Customer Service via Chat. They'll be able to help you identify if your program is a counterfeit and, if not, how to install it.

Meantime, if you've done a Windows 10 reset, it is a good idea to go to your computer manufacturer's web site (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.) and, on the support page, you download and install all of the manufacturer's system drivers. A simple reset to Windows 10 may not have installed some necessary components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines