Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace doesn't show the entire content

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a problem which I dont know how to solve. If I open any photo or picture or even if I open a new project with blank space, it won't show it. I can see in layers that there is something. It looks like I can use any tool, but I cannot see the content. I have tried many times reset preferences and reinstall photoshop, but nothing changed. Would you please help me?

Screenshot_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

A couple of things to try:

Can you go to preferences Performance and set Cache levels to at least 4.

If already set that way try unchecking "Use Graphics Processor"

You will need to restart after each

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to the image when you select ctrl/cmd 0 (the image should fit the screen)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing. It shows the function, but image doesn't fit to the screen. There are now centered side sliders but there is still a blank space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences using this technique:

Close and relaunch Photoshop, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow)

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this method many times. Even now. But unfortunately - nothing have changed, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the Photoshop application using the dropdown in the Creative Cloud app, then run Adobe Cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and then reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this option twice without any results. Same for now. And that Cleaner did not offer me uninstall photoshop cc 2017 so it looks like it was uninstalled properly via Creative Cloud uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things to try:

Can you go to preferences Performance and set Cache levels to at least 4.

If already set that way try unchecking "Use Graphics Processor"

You will need to restart after each

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, finally! Cache levels: 4 have been set by default, but I have changed Cache tile size to 1024 K and unchecked using graphics processor. After relaunch my photos are finally showing!
Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kouzelnik3 wrote:

Oh, finally! Cache levels: 4 have been set by default, but I have changed Cache tile size to 1024 K and unchecked using graphics processor. After relaunch my photos are finally showing!
Thank you all!

Excellent, and thanks for the feedback.  Looks like I was wrong about cache levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok there is another step you try now, so that you don't lose access to features that use the GPU

Re-enable the graphics processor but then click on advanced settings and try each of the three options Basic, Normal and Advanced in turn (restarting each time). If any work - keep the highest one that works.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave, I tried every three modes but unfortunately, neither of them didn't work. So I had to turn of graphics procesor.

The truth is that my computer is old. It is almost 7 years I've been using it. It has Nvidia 540M GPU and it is probably not the best for Photoshop CC, but anyway, we've found the solution.

I am thinking about buying a new computer later. I will need it for my school and later I hope for my work.

Once again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is cache levels Dave.  That usually shows as heavy noise when cache levels is set to 1.  Any level higher than 1 fixes that.

It could be GPU related, but I didn't respond to this thread earlier, because I have never seen anything like it in all the years I have been posting here.  It's all files, _and_ new documents.

The document window is showing RGB 38,38,38 and I am wondering if that is in any way significant?  I don't know if those values remained accurate from a screen grab though, but the interface shows about right, so it won't be far off.  It's a really interesting problem.

Dave has read it as CS6, (from his instructions of resetting Preferences) but I can't see that anywhere in the thread, and the interface looks the same to me with CS6 and CC.  I'd want to be very sure that the reset took OK before proceeding.

Ahhh,  just seen that the OP has now mentioned CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines