5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 9:52 AM by Kevin-Monahan

Why I can´t open a precomposition in after effects?

maka333

My issue is that when I try to open a precomposition to see the layers on it the programm stops working and give me the message that it has to be closed, do you know what will be the issue?

Sin título.png2.png3.png

• 1. Re: Why I can´t open a precomposition in after effects?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without the actual crash info and system info nobody can tell you much.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why I can´t open a precomposition in after effects?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mylenium is right; we need a lot more information in order to help you.

If you have Caps Lock on, can you open the precomp?

• 3. Re: Why I can´t open a precomposition in after effects?
              maka333 Level 1

I tried but it doesn't work, I also tried to right click to open the precomp but it doesn't work either, I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-p002la and I recently upgraded the RAM to 16 GB so It should be working, when I started working in after effects I imported a cine 4d file, then I applied some adjustment layers and once I applied the adjustments I made the precomp and copied twice, then when I tried to enter the precomp to do other changes the programm stopped working, I tried to closed and re open the programm but it is not working at that specific point, i can open other projects and the precomp works, but just for this project that i used cinema 4d file does not open the precomp

• 4. Re: Why I can´t open a precomposition in after effects?
                Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Try to isolate the problem As much as you can. Only the c4d layer, then one adjustment, then the second. See if it's a plugin, maybe GPU issue. maybe updating the plugins is required. if you find the minimum steps to make this happen then specify them so we can try to recreate it. You can also upload the collect files folder if you want.

• 5. Re: Why I can´t open a precomposition in after effects?
                  Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi maka333,

I read that are having trouble opening a precomp that contains C4D files. Sorry to hear of your issues. Let's take a closer look and see if we can assist you.

i can open other projects and the precomp works, but just for this project that i used cinema 4d file does not open the precomp

• Have you tried a brand new project using the same steps? What was the result then?
                  • Do you have a crash log that you can share?
                  • Have you tried any of the steps offered by Roei?

It would be great to hear back from you on this issue. We would love to know if you solved it or you still need assistance. Please return to the the post to let us know where you stand.

Regards,
                  Kevin