1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 1:53 AM by sasibinu

Edit in Photoshop not working

caddion

Hi all, I'm using CC and everything is updated to latest version.

My problem is when I right click on a photo in Lightroom and use the "Edit in Photoshop" option, Photoshop will open if closed and you go to it but the photo will not open. If photoshop is open then nothing happens (i.e you stay in Lightroom).

If I restart my iMac then everything seems to work fine until I leave it for awhile, when I come back the problem is there again.

This seems to only affect DNG files as JPG's work ok.

I've done a lot of reading up on this and it's been reported a lot but all the solutions don't seem to work for me, I've tried

Deleting my adobe.com.photoshop.plist file

reinstalling both apps

Camera Raw is the same version on both apps

add Photoshop as the second external editor

I am using Onone 10, Nik Collection and Raya Pro as plug ins and running them all on a late 2014 iMac.

I hope the way I've described this makes sense and someone has a solution.

• 1. Re: Edit in Photoshop not working
          Level 1

Once upon a time, am also have this problem. This can be one of several problems. Go to Select > Deselect if you have an area selected with the marquee tool that you might have forgotten or can’t see. From there, Navigate to your channels panel, and check that you’re not working in a quick mask channel, or any other extraneous channel . If you are, click the combined RGB channel (pictured above, center) or the combined CMYK channel, if you happen to be working in CMYK Then i write my problem in my blog https://zybermedia.net/ Some of my friends said. You should also be able to see if you are in a mask channel, another potential pitfall.

If you are working in Quickmask mode (pictured above right) you can press shortcut key Q to return to normal, or simply click the icon in your toolbox.