2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 8:56 AM by ninthkatie

Accidentally licensing unwanted images

ninthkatie

While perusing images for a potential campaign, and in an effort to save previews of those images to my library, I accidentally licensed 8 images. After 3 images, I realized I was hitting the wrong link, and thought I corrected my process. However, upon reviewing my library, I see I inadvertently licensed a bunch of images that I don't want to own.

So I looked through the forum and found several instances of others encountering the same or similar issues. And in most cases that I read, they were credited for their mistakes.

I contacted support via Live Chat and was told that licensed images can not be unlicensed nor can a credit be issued. I understand why licensed images can't be un-licensed, Adobe has no way of knowing if I downloaded the images in the meantime and am using them.  However, there appears to be plenty of evidence to the contrary in the above threads.

My issue is with the process of saving previews versus licensing images. It's far too easy to license an image instead of saving a preview. I have used stock photography sites for many years, and the process isn't new to me. When researching images for a project, one can save images to a directory, and purchase or license them when ready.

I would like to see Adobe Stock address this issue with more user-friendly tools for saving and licensing.