• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing background to transparent gradient, in gradien tool

Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am missing what would be the second gradient option in the gradtool selection area. Where it's black on top transparent on the bottom. I have tried resetting several times and that one gradient is gone. I look at the list vgradienta and background to transparent is not there.  Any ideas

Joe Cosentino

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Not sure if I understand what you mean by 'second option'. If you mean the second gradient in the list then you must understand that this 'thumbnail' changes with the current foreground color.

If the current foreground color is, say yellow, then the top color is yellow (see screenshot).

The top color will be black if the current foreground color is black and so on.

In other words, while all the swatches are static, the first two however change with the active foreground color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the little cogwheel next to the gradients you can load / save and reset the gradients or change the set

You can also make the gradient you want by opening the gradient editor (by double clicking on a gradient preset, and setting the top stops to 0% and 100% opacity. The top stops control the opacity, the bottom stops control the colour.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried the reset I may have to build a new one but I don't understand why it's not I. The list of gradients. 

Joe Cosentino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joecos55 wrote:

Thank you. I tried the reset I may have to build a new one but I don't understand why it's not I. The list of gradients.

I am sure that gradient is hard wired and can not be permanently deleted.  If not in it already, switch to the Essentials workspace, and then Reset Essentials workspace.  If all else fails, reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What that is, is a foreground to transparency gradient. So if your foreground is white it will be white to transparent. To get black to transparent make your foreground color black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try building one thanks

Joe Cosentino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Terri pointed out there is no Background to Transparency gradient. The second gradient in the list is FOREground to transparency gradient and it changes with the foreground color (of course.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronald

thank you, that helps some, now my second option is is white on top it used to be black.  Can I change that with the options below the gradients?

Joe Cosentino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I understand what you mean by 'second option'. If you mean the second gradient in the list then you must understand that this 'thumbnail' changes with the current foreground color.

If the current foreground color is, say yellow, then the top color is yellow (see screenshot).

The top color will be black if the current foreground color is black and so on.

In other words, while all the swatches are static, the first two however change with the active foreground color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines