• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Syncing

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my catalog file I find that I have over 500 synced photos.  I did not intentionally sync them.  I found where some are located in Collections and unsynced them by unchecking the little sync box.  They still show up in the "Synced" folder.

I have over 300 photos taken at Christmas and am still working on the post processing in LR.  I just discovered that they are all on LR mobile and I don't want them there.  When I removed one photo it said it would remove it everywhere.  How do I safely delete these photos from LR mobile without removing them from LR and my hard disk?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

After you remove them you may want to turn off syncing so that it doesn't happen again.

In the top left corner near the name of your catalog, there is a disclosure triangle, turn that to open and turn off Sync with Lr Mobile".

You can also disable Auto-sync by going to the Library module and under the Metadata menu and uncheck the Enable Auto-Sync, in the Develop module you can uncheck the Auto-Sync option in the Settings menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on an image that you want to remove,, and then click on the option to, "Remove from collection". That will remove the image from the collection but will leave it in the folder. You can do the same thing from multiple images by selecting them in the normal way and then right-click on the selected images and remove them from the collection. This can be done in either the develop module or the library module. If you have a lot of images to remove it might be easier to do it in the library module using the grid mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I read this right:  

1.  I am going to have to create a new collection in LR with a slightly different name and move all the photos into that.

2.  Next, remove them from the initial collection via LR mobile

3.  Rename the new collection to its old name.

Seems like a roundabout way to work.  I guess that is why they say to make a new collection for syncing in the first place.

How did they get synced into LR mobile in the first place?  I certainly don't think I did that - at least not knowingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Desktop, go to All Synced Photos and remove them from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like removing them from "All Synced Photos" will be easier.  Thank you both for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But.....if I remove all synced photos does it just remove them from the "sync" or remove them elsewhere too?  I am afraid to try for fear of losing them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only deletes them from All Synced Photos, and hence deletes it from the Cloud version as well. The photos remains on your hard disk, available locally in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you remove them you may want to turn off syncing so that it doesn't happen again.

In the top left corner near the name of your catalog, there is a disclosure triangle, turn that to open and turn off Sync with Lr Mobile".

You can also disable Auto-sync by going to the Library module and under the Metadata menu and uncheck the Enable Auto-Sync, in the Develop module you can uncheck the Auto-Sync option in the Settings menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh...many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point John. This link will take you to Adobe's article on:

How to sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app  -

While you are not using Lightroom Mobile now you  may want to know what it is and how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing to Lightroom Mobile is the problem here.

AutoSync in Library and Develop are features that are totally irrelevant to the problem. It's best not to confuse people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines