• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference between lens profiles "Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25)" AND v2?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been importing photos from my Batis 25 into LR CC for over a year now. However, only yesterday did I realise all my previously imported photos from my Batis 25 are no longer recognised as Batis 25, but instead all my previously imported photos are now now showing as "E 25mm F2".

After further investigation, I found that when I try to enable the lens profile correction, LR no longer automatically select the Zeiss Batis 2/25 profile, even though all meta data and the lens profile for chromatic aberration are set correctly. I had to manually select it for each new photo. Which is a real pain. I haven't found a way to make it automatic again. Looks like LR introduced something new in their recent updates or it has introduced a bug.

Beside that I also found that there are now two Zeiss Batis 2/25 profiles, i) Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25) and ii) Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25) v2 . The v2 seems to have a bit more vignetting than the original profile. So can anyone tell me what are the differences between these two versions? And why is the Batis profile isn't selected automatically anymore?

Many Thanks!

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

kwanwan wrote:

I also found that there are now two Zeiss Batis 2/25 profiles, i) Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25) and ii) Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25) v2 . The v2 seems to have a bit more vignetting than the original profile. So can anyone tell me what are the differences between these two versions?

Adobe will create new version (v2) of a lens profile if issues are found with the original profile. I'm not sure why LR is no longer automatically assigning the lens profile, but you can fix that as follows:

1) Op

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kwanwan wrote:

I also found that there are now two Zeiss Batis 2/25 profiles, i) Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25) and ii) Adobe (Zeiss Batis 2/25) v2 . The v2 seems to have a bit more vignetting than the original profile. So can anyone tell me what are the differences between these two versions?

Adobe will create new version (v2) of a lens profile if issues are found with the original profile. I'm not sure why LR is no longer automatically assigning the lens profile, but you can fix that as follows:

1) Open a raw image file shot with the Zeiss Batis 25 lens and manually select the 'Adobe (Zeiss Battis 2/25) v2' lens profile.

2) Go to 'Setup' and select 'Save New Lens Profile Defaults.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, saving the profile as new lens profile did the job for new imports. However, previously imported photos still not recognised and I have to manually apply the new custom profiles to the old imports. So I think something is broken in LR still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure that is as expected since the lens profile is applied at import and the previously imported files are not affected.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As

EDIT CORRECTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly. Thanks !! I personally like the V2 lens profile as the vignetting correction is not as aggressive as the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help. The original lens profile definitely "over-corrects" vignetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines