Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording demonstration or FMR?

Oct 17, 2008 Oct 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can any one explain the diffrence between demonstartion recording over full motion recording, eg whats the main diffrences and the benefits to both.I am a new to using captivate, and I have had to completly rebuild a training package using a pervious version built by a former employee.I have built it exactly the same way, a mixture of mouse captures and fmr, the trouble is as my knowledge is limited I dont kbnow if this was the best way to use captivate.

Can anyone help?

cheers:)
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello there and welcome to the Adobe Captivate community.

I would recommend that you record your training using Captivate's Demonstration mode rather than using the Full Motion Recording feature. In general you should try only use FMR to capture screen action such as selecting a block of text, using the scroll bars or to demonstrate a drag and drop action (all of which should happen automatically, though you can manually capture FMR footage by pressing F9, F10 to return to Captivates default recording mode). If you do need to use FMR, then try to limit it to no more than approximately 5 minutes. In theory Captivate can handle up to approximately 11 minutes of FMR content. However, to be honest with you, the resulting file size would probably make your Captivate project unworkable.

Lastly and whilst on the subject of Full Motion Recording, if you haven't already done so you might want to download the Adobe Captivate Full Motion Recording Editor

HTH

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources