I'm working on a flash video project and have come across an
issue whilst requesting flv files dynamically. I was hoping you
might be able to help.
Basically, the swf grabs corresponding video files using
flashvars provided by PHP. It seems when ever a question mark is
added into the path, the path breaks and flash either doesn't know
how to locate the file or it doesn't know what to do with it.
flashvar from PHP:
flv.contentPath = url;
A few ideas I've tried:
It will work if I insert a static url in the PHP but as soon
as I implement variables (question mark or &), it doesn't know
what to do!
I've also tried urlencode to pass the special characters
(questions marks, & etc.).
I've tried adding .flv to the end of the path using php and
then in the actionscript, no luck.
Whilst testing, i was using absolute paths. In apache, I've
noticed flash adds FLVPlaybackVersion=version to the url request.
I've fixed this by using relative urls....again, no luck.