• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does InDesign package function freeze up on me?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use InDesign CS 5.5 on a Windows 7 PC, and recently upgraded to a new Windows PC with better hardware but the same operating system. On my old PC, I could package files without any problem, but on the new PC this is no longer possible, as InDesign simply freezes up on me. When I restart the PC and open InDesign, the packaged file appears but I can't work in it. My temporary workaround is to use my old, slower PC when I need to package a file. Can anyone help me figure out a better solution on my new PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restoring your InDesign preferences. Here's how:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and unfortunately it did not resolve the problem I am having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Special characters in file names could be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how that would explain why my old computer can package files but my new one can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new computer can't package any file? Not just certain files?

Any other problems you've observed on that computer?

Everything the same on the two computers: Same version of InDesign? Exactly same operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My new computer can package some files, just not certain files, and I haven't been able to figure out why my old computer is still able to package those particular files.

Both computers are using the same version of InDesign (CS 5.5) and the same operating system (Windows 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines