2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 1:17 PM by Liz, Typekit Support

Losing typekit fonts

a80830594

I am running AI and Indesign and using typekit fonts on Chrome version 55, Mac 10.11.6 . The problem:

1. Sync typekit fonts, they are added to my font lists on AI and indesign.

2. I successfully use the fonts, close and save my document.

3. When I re-open the document, it says fonts are unavailable, prompts me to sync them via AI/Indesign, which I try but it says they are unable to sync.

4. I go into typekit, look up the font, which says it is synced, then unsync and resync. This solves the problem.

How do I avoid having the unsync and resync my fonts every time I reopen a doc?

• 1. Re: Losing typekit fonts
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Moving to Typekit

• 2. Re: Losing typekit fonts
            Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this! The next time that you see this problem happen, please try turning off font sync in the Creative Cloud application, wait a moment, and then turn it back on. The option to do this is under the gear icon in Preferences > Creative Cloud > Fonts ("Typekit on/off").

cc-pref.png

That will start a new sync session, and should get the fonts working for you again in the short term. It's a workaround, but will be faster than removing the font from your sync selections and adding it again.

//

Then we'll need a little more information to determine why you are seeing this issue to begin with. 

The next time that the fonts stop working, please:

1) make a note of the time by the computer clock as soon as you notice.

2) turn font sync off and on again; or do whatever else is necessary to get them to sync

3) make a note of the time by the computer clock again

4) send us the two times and the new sync log from the day that you run the test at support@typekit.com.

Instructions on where to find the log files are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/kb/troubleshoot-font-syncing.html#logs

Our engineering team would like to check the events in the sync log against the timestamps, and try to get some more details on what is causing the behavior that you're seeing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime, and thank you for your help! Best,

-- liz