• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE re-install problems after HDD issue

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems getting Photoshop Elements 11 working again & reconnecting to my Catalog after an HD problem & a re-install.

>>>>

A Summary of the problem:

I was running PS Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 successfully on my Toshiba desktop and on my HP notebook (both running Windows 10).

I had the programs installed on both machines and the data on an External HDD. (I set up this way so that I could work on my Catalog from either of those machines.)

Then I had a problem with the HDD on my HP notebook earlier this year.

That has been resolved, but I needed to re-install Photoshop Elements 11.

I did this from the Adobe site (using my Serial Number when asked), as I don’t have a DVD drive on the notebook. It seemed to download and install correctly

The program appeared to start correctly, but failed after I tried to direct it to my Catalog (which I have on an external HD).

After several attempts, now it does not try to start at all. I tried to Un-Install, to see if re-installing might get it working, but no success.

Strangely PS Elements seems to have “disappeared” from my desktop too. I can’t figure that.

Prior to these problems, I had not tried to use PSE on either machine for some months because of other commitments as well as realizing I would need to reinstall on the notebook, but it used to work faultlessly.

Support cannot help me with this older version of Photoshop Elements.

I have thousands of images, and a large amount of work creating albums & tags is at stake.

MY QUESTION:  If I upgrade to PSE 15, will Support please help?  I think I need them to log in to figure out the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?