• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign shows non edited/only opened and view files as newly modified in finder

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I simply open an Indesign file and do not edit whatsoever, in my finder windows, it shows as modified and therefore moves to top of chronological lists.

Any way to stop this as I need to frequently search and view files chronologically?

I'd simply view the docs (vs. opening them) via quick view (within mac finder/desktop-shift bar) but Indesign only shows ID template icon and not file content preview.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not happening to me with InDesign CC 2017 and my MacBook Pro running macOS 10.12.3.

You'll need to provide more information. I seriously doubt that it's an InDesign problem.

Here's my before and after shots (file I opened highlighted). I opened the file, paged through it and closed without saving:

Finder029.png

Finder030.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Steve. It doesn't occur when I use other apps. I think SJRiegel's response regarding ID's temp files may be the prob. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the InDesign file, the folder containing it will have its change date modified due to the temp file that is created within the folder when the InDesign file is opened. As far as I know, the location of these files cannot be altered.
Would it work for you to preview the files in Bridge instead of opening them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for your response. Is there some way to disable ID from making a temp file?

Didn't want to really preview in bridge as to avoid having to open yet another app during production kind of thing as I am running several apps simultaneously anyway with multiple open docs per app too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no setting to disable the temp file. As a matter of fact, there's no settings at all for the auto-recovery feature which is the purpose of this temp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines