• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find the photos of collections on hardrive

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm looking in hard drive for the colections. I don't find it. Someone can help me? Where they use to go? It's urgent.Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are in the folders on your hard drive. The collections simply point to the files.

Collections are similar to iTunes playlists. So you can have photos from many folders in a single collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections in LR are just a Grouping of images files. They only exist inside LR.

No images are ever inside LR. LR is a Database program that References your images into the database from where they are stored on your hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. The thing is: My hard drive ( c) )  is almost full and I don't save work files there. I have the harv drive divided. But I think is because Of the imports  that goes to C drive is each day more full. Ity's really almost on the limit. I want to dele the fotos of the collection, because they are copys and in the future I do it diferent. Can you help me or someone in the Forum.? Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections are just a Grouping of images. There are no folders involved and no space used on your hard drive.

I suspect your are not really talking about LR Collections. In the Library module on that same left side you should see a section call Folders. Expand that and it will list all the drives and FOLDERS where your images are stored on your hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Yes it's Light room colections.

I check all that but I don't find in hard drive where are the colections. The part that expand show where I have the original files ,yes, But not where are the copys on the collections. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how else to say this.

Collections ARE NOT FOLDERS. They are just a GROUPING on images. They are not on your hard drive. They only exist INSIDE of the LR Catalog file. Images are not Copied to collections. They are like Lists of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm sorry. I'm new on LR. I tought when we do import LR make copies ina  certain place. The problem I also have is I want to go to import some photos that LR import before. But I don't have acess to them. Don't find in colection, The library said that are already import, They are not  on that section where we see the last imports. That's why also I try to fiond where LR takes the imports. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the photos by these steps:

1. Click on All Photographs under the Catalog panel on the left hand side of the Library Module
  2. Turn off filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Scroll up or down until you find the photos of interest.

Again, this is not a problem with collections.

IMPORTANT CONCEPT: Never import photos more than one time only. Importing a photo a second time will not fix the problem, and will most likely make the problem worse.

IMPORTANT CONCEPT: Your photos are not stored in Lightroom. They are on your hard disk somewhere, in the place where you put them, or in the place where you told Lightroom to put them.

Please take some time to read or view these tutorials

Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 | Adobe TV

The free e-book for beginners at http://www.lightroomqueen.com

If you want to move your photos to a different drive, I gave the link that explains how to do that in my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

I know where the origin of the fotos are.  But what appear in te colections is what I'm locking to see where are they. But I appreciate all your help. I'm going to study the conent you provided to me. Thanks again.All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not find the collections by looking on one of your hard disks, because there is no place where collections are stored. Collections exist only inside Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections take up virtually no space on your hard drive. They are only stored as metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum I see. Thanks very much. Have a great day you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cristinat10420024 wrote:

I know where the origin of the fotos are. But what appear in the collections is what I'm looking to see where are they.

As already mentioned a Collection is a grouping of image files you selected from one or more picture picture folders. LR creates a "list' of these files with their folder location, but no file copies are created.

To see "where they are" from inside LR simply right-click on any picture in the collection and select 'Go to Folder in Library.' You can also see where they are located on your hard drive by right-clicking on a picture and selecting 'Show in Explorer' (Windows) or 'Show in Finder' (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I think is because Of the imports  that goes to C drive is each day more full. Ity's really almost on the limit. I want to dele the fotos of the collection, because they are copys and in the future I do it diferent.

This has nothing to do with photos in collections. Your photos are on the Internal HD, you can move them to an external HD by following the process described in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" in this document: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

New photos should be imported directly to the external drive, not to the internal drive. In the Lightroom Import dialog box, select a folder under Destination that is on your external HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines