• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shouldn't have 2 non-hidden BP at same location on same page error

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the existing thread on this topic and tried the solutions suggested but the error persists. All i'm trying to do is add a menu widget to a very simple page. The error occurs on any page I try. I can create a new site, create a page, add a menu and then copy and paste it into the troublesome site and this seems ok. Hopefully a fix will be found soon. First go with Muse...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

I ditched the offending file and re-created it, guess what, it now works fine!

If the error occurs again I will forward the file and a description of what I was doing at the time.

Must admit, even allowing for the error, I can see Muse being very useful for putting together ideas quickly for those impatient clients!

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are about to release our new update and hopefully, this issue will be fixed in there.

However, if you can send your affected Muse file to me at ankrao@adobe.com it will be good for us to eliminate the root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ditched the offending file and re-created it, guess what, it now works fine!

If the error occurs again I will forward the file and a description of what I was doing at the time.

Must admit, even allowing for the error, I can see Muse being very useful for putting together ideas quickly for those impatient clients!

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just started happening to me as well last night. I was copying a site page by option dragging it in Plan View when I first got it. Restarted the application 4 or 5 times trying to do the same on different pages and got the same result. I next tried creating a new Blank Page by using the plus sign as well as from the menu bar, got the same error. I tried renaming the file, same error.

It appears that the file has been corrupted. Reminds me of 20 years ago when Quark files would develop an Postscript Error. There was nothing you could to but recreate it from scratch since the file could not be opened.

Damn- Double Damn!

There was one good that became of that became I used it as a "tool"to scare the bejezzus out of my students, and got them to start a discipline of creating frequent backup files (_v1, _v2 ...) So in the event they got a corrupt file they could start by using the last backup and not have to start from scratch.

On another positive note - with this Muse file corruption at least the file can be opened and I was able to copy the contents of each page and Paste in Place in the new document.

If a copy of my corrupt file will help - let me know where to send it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines