• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some, Not All, Popups Excluded From Output

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing an issue that has me baffled. When I add a new popup to a new or existing topic, it previews just fine. When I output to WebHelp or Flashhelp, it (the popup file) is excluded from the output. I have tried

I have been rearranging the organization of my files in Project Manager recently, but nothing that I feel would have caused this. I had several important topics buried 3-4-5 levels deep in the hierarchy and was trying to break these out. I was dragging and reorganizing from within Project Manager.

The link to a non working popup appears as follows:

If you are not able to find what you need here, our <a href="javascript:BSSCPopup('Common_Popups/RS_Contacts.htm');"
id=a1>Customer Service Team</a><robohelp><script type="text/javascript"
language=JavaScript1.2><!--
FilePopupInit('a1');

Things I have tried thus far:

Creating a new file to which the popup refers
Checking for topic level or other build tages
Deleted the hyperlink refering to the popup and recreating
Created a new popup file, and a new parent file, and a new hyperlink.

Robo 7, Vista, all files locally stored and output, 2GB ram.

When uploaded, I click on the link to the pop up, and my computer clicks clicks clicks and I see that it is looping attempting to load the popup.

Other popups, not recently added work fine. I use popups and image maps A LOT so I am a bit frantic.

Again, it previews just fine. The file to which the hyperlink/popup refers is just gone from the output. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Drawing from a bit of distant memory here. Back when I was in the corporate world (I was catapulted into unemployment in early 2004 and am now self employed) I had a fairly large project consisting of many many files and a gnarly folder structure. I saw what you are seeing now. Certain popups would fail. DHTML would also fail. I found that in my situation, it seemed to help things if I kept the popups in the same folder as the topic linking to them.

While it wasn't my preferred way to work, it was at least a workaround. I don't believe I ever did manage to sort why it failed. I just know that once I rearranged the relationship, it worked and I was happy.

Just pondering out loud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you.

To test for this, I reorganized a sample topic so that the parent and the popup file were in the root of the project. Same result I am afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp