1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 9:50 AM by vickym13436670

    Important differences between Local version and Server Version

    vickym13436670 Level 1

      Hi,

       

      We have one RoboHelp projects, one in french and one in English. For each projects, we have 6 different outputs (SSL) (contents specific for 3 different provinces and 2 server Live / Developpement). We choosed the the Blue Calibri Skin, we have RoboHelp Server 9,0,1 and every author have the same and last version of Robo client.

       

      We generate our 6 outputs (SSL) using the Batch Generation tool. All the output are configured exactly the same, except for the server choice and the Conditionnal constructions Tags. We publish with WebHelpPro output.

      We have problem with the output once it is published on the server.

      - Search bar does not appear

      - Boxes to select the "AND research" does not appear

      - Print button does not appear

      - Search results are better in the local version.

      - Font appear to be different in the search results

      - Indications in the Search tools are not the same (Type in your question VS Type in the word(s) to search for)

       

      Here is the differences between the version we have locally VS the one on the server

       

      Local version

       

      Server version

       

      Do you have any idea what can be the problem?

       

      Thanks a lot for your help!

        • 1. Re: Important differences between Local version and Server Version
          vickym13436670 Level 1

          We found the solution for :

          - Search bar does not appear

          - Print button does not appear

           

          It was the default Window that wasn't configured to show them.

           

          We found the solution for :

          - Search results are better in the local version.

          - PDF removed from project still appear in the search tools

           

          It was the RoboHelp Server Configuration Manager that was configured to Reindex documents at server, which has to be unchecked. The substring search was also disabled.