• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there software that I can teach Illustrator to a client remotely?

Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few clients that I tutor in Illustrator, In-Design and Photoshop. Instead of them coming to me or me going to them. Is there a remote to access and teach them realtime. I would like to be able to talk to them via microphone and give them instruction and watch them use Illustrator and provide some help. All doing this remotely. Is there such software available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to look professional, Adobe Connect is pretty good for this. You can share screens and you can do it to a whole (virtual) room of people too with chat pods for questions, etc.

If you just want to do it quick and easy, a lot of online chatting options like Skype have options for screen sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the systems any good because Illustrator + screenshare is a asking a lot from your average laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Connect to demonstrate photoshop (and other advanced tools running at the same time) to my remote students.  It's worked great, and has the ability to record your sessions in case a student drops out and wants to catch the class later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My company—Rocky Mountain Training—delivers most of our classes online, and have been doing this for close to 10 years. We were an early adopter of online, interactive, hands-on training led by instructors.

We prefer Citrix's GoTo Meeting (inexpensive) and the more powerful (and more expensive) GoTo Training. Each instructor makes their own decision on which application to use—most of us have used the Citrix products the entire time, but one instructor just retired Connect in favor of GoTo Training. Both applications offer the option to record the classes, and allow the student the option accessing audio via phone or VoIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines