1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 3:17 PM by Kevin-Monahan

After Effects CS6 not opening

EnticeFX

Hello i have been trying to open my after effects cs6 and keep getting the same error - After effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <1317664 <DynamicLink> <5> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\32\dynamiclinkmanager.exe
      Then it follows with - After Effects can't continue:sorry, After Effects has crashed. For After Effects Help and Support go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_support. If you still can't resolve this issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2)  (0 :: 42)
      Then i contacted support and they tried there best but then told me to post on forms so if someone could help i will be really thankful PLEASE RESPOND ASAP
      ~ Entice Douglas

• 1. Re: After Effects CS6 not opening
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi EnticeFX,

• After effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <1317664 <DynamicLink> <5> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\32\dynamiclinkmanager.exe
          • After Effects can't continue:sorry, After Effects has crashed.
          • For After Effects Help and Support go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_support. If you still can't resolve this issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2)  (0 :: 42)
          • Then i contacted support and they tried there best but then told me to post on forms so if someone could help i will be really thankful PLEASE RESPOND ASAP

My apologies for not responding sooner. Thanks for your response and sorry for your troubles. Looks like you've got a crash issue with After Effects CS6 and it's related to dynamiclinkmanager. Is that right?

Please see this discussion and see if it helps you solve your issue.

Re: dynamiclinkmanager.exe crash on startup: After Effects CS6

Please also inspect this KB doc for relevant details, it should assist you: After Effects or Premiere Pro crashes after starting

Return to the thread after trying these steps and let us know if we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Kevin