• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert layers into 1 animated video layer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm making an animated background for an iPhone game. I have decided to use a GIF for this. So I spent days making every individual frame on an individual layer 444 total layers. My background is 10cm by 100cm at 300 pixels per inch as I really want a high quality background for my game. I got it all done and as I went to save it it would not save because the file was to large?!

I was thinking if maybe If I could convert these layers into 1 video animation in the time line that I can reduce the file size without losing the high quality resolution. Would this work? If so how do I do that?

is there anyway I can reduce the file without losing the quality ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

If it's too large to export, won't it be too large for an iPhone game?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it as PSB rather than PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: how do I export to web into a GIF the files to large it won't let me export it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's too large to export, won't it be too large for an iPhone game?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm you make a good point, this might be the case havnt got that far yet. Was thinking I could compress it after I export it to make it smaller.

Im just confused cause it's a super simple animation point A to point B kind of thing.

Basically its a space background and I want the asteroids in the background to move from point A to point B.

Thanks for the reply   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having read your starting discussion point... I would say that the main problem you are having is you are working in CM rather than Pixels for what is essentially a Web based end product...

How many actual pixels in height and width is this? - If I do an Image resize in Photoshop and I convert my image to 100 CM wide my pixel width is actually 30000!!!!

In premise a 4K Screen supposedly only has around 4,000 pixels (hence 4K) - 100 cm is the equivalent of a 30K TV or Monitor according to my calculations...

[EDIT] Unless you really want it to work well on 4K as well anything between 4K and 1K should be suitable and also drastically reduce your file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

backrough1.jpg

OKay heres a picture of the background - my goal is to make the asteroids move with each together (they are 1 layer) until they get to a certain point to which it will loop again to make it look like there is a continuous flow of asteroids. This is a platform based game.

levelout1rough.jpg

Here's a very rough idea of what it will look like with some components i dont wanna give to much away

I have the image set at :

Width = 100cm
Height= 10 cm

Resolution = 300

IF I was to resize this image what should I set it as to make it high enough quality for a large screen ipad?

Thanks for your help!

NOTE: I'm not programming it I'm just doing the design work, you have all made some real good points here for me to consider before I had all the files over to the programmer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily

See attached for ipad and iPhone screen resolutions

Retina Display - Wikipedia

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good article Dave... Bring on the headache when they go commercially viable with 8K-12K televisions and monitors!!

Love that there is already a 5K Apple monitor resolution mentioned which virtually nothing supports yet...

Hahaha!!

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that a lot of Apple products use retina displays (another headache) - Realistically I would constrain the image proportionally and I would say Height doesn't need to be less than 2500 pixels - I'd be tempted to make the height 4000 pixels and let that dictate the width as this should make it pretty darn crisp pixel for pixel on most displays..even though it will give you a relatively large file size...This still should be able to be saved by Photoshop.

Otherwise see other peoples comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines