5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 11:32 AM by Andrea Cittadini

Photoshop CC 2017 freeze using a brush with more than 10 photos opened

Andrea Cittadini

Good morning,

I'm running photoshop CC 2017 under macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on an iMac 27inch (3,4GHz intel core i7, 32Gb Ram, SSD, graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048Mb).

I have a fresh installation of the OS and an updated version of Photoshop.

My workflow require to open around 100 jpg photos all together for quickly work on each one in sequence. The photos are around 3-5Mb each and on the old OS (10.9) this procedure don't give problems.

Now, only when I use a big brush (approx 2500px or more) to draw a mask, the software simply stop to run. Photoshop is still open but don't receive more commands. Simply freeze all.

I checked the RAM and virtual memory but they are ok (8Gb RAM used on 32 available and more than 300Gb of virtual memory on internal SSD).

The efficiency indicator is at 100% but all is frozen. The Mac is still working well if i hide photoshop.

This problem is perceivable using more than 10 photos opened and worsens adding more photos until the total stop and it is present ONLY with a big brush).

I don't have any idea on how solve this problem!

Thank you for any help!