• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Analytics Question - Adding Code to Masters

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I add a Google Analytics code to a Master Page (In the HTML header);  Will the code then track every subsequent page that uses that Master Page?

OR -- do I have to add it to every single header on every page?

Thanks, 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Depends on how you set up your Analytics in the first place, I suppose. This is sort of a chicken vs. egg problem. If you add specific tracking options for activities and goals on sub-pages, the global default sitewide tracking will be overriden, but of course you don't know these things until you actually have designed the page. Otherwise Muse should inherit your code just fine when it's inserted correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on how you set up your Analytics in the first place, I suppose. This is sort of a chicken vs. egg problem. If you add specific tracking options for activities and goals on sub-pages, the global default sitewide tracking will be overriden, but of course you don't know these things until you actually have designed the page. Otherwise Muse should inherit your code just fine when it's inserted correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this comes from a 3rdparty widget? Best you ask them, how to handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  For now,

I'm testing two sets of page directories to see the effect of reporting after a week.  

If you all want to see what my hand-built Muse blog site (without third party plug in's)  Feel free to view.

http://www.thespeedgirls.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, great web site by the way. I would suggest adding a pop up shopping cart widget for paypal. It is very inconvenient having to navigate completely to another page just for the cart, and then continue shopping.

just a suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines