0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 7:32 AM by dew0110

Digital Editions & my Adobe ID

dew0110

I downloaded a digital text I bought to my work laptop, however when I took the computer home I wasn’t able to view the text. So I tried to download it to my iPad, but I kept getting the following messages: “This item was originally downloaded with a different user account or Adobe ID” & “The vendor account you entered is not associate with the item you are trying to open”. I tried every possible e-mail address I have that could be associated with this text to access it, but nothing worked. I even tried going onto Adobe ID and resetting my password, but I never received the e-mail to reset the password. That is when I contacted customer support and was told that they don’t offer assistance on Adobe Digital Editions, which is what I had to use to read the text.

I tried explaining to the representative I just needed to know what Adobe ID is associated with the text, so they suggested that I remove the original activation for my work laptop and it would allow me to reauthorize my computer with a different ID. I did this but now I can’t view the text at all. The following message pops up when I try to open the digital text on my laptop: “Authorization Needed. This computer needs to be authorized with a Vendor ID to open…” and when I enter in my Adobe ID it says “The vendor account you entered is not associate with the item you are trying to open”. I even tried to download the text again and authorize it with a different Adobe ID and got the following message: "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

I just need to know what Adobe ID is associated with this text and/or how to change the Adobe ID associated with it so I can access my textbook. I am beyond frustrated with the lack of customer support I am getting for what should be such an easy thing to fix.