• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VoCo Beta Testing for Interesting Film

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am hoping to find out a bit more about VoCo and if there is an opportunity to do beta testing. I am currently in post-production for a unique film that I am making about a fairly famous person that has passed away, but has some lines of dialogue I would love to include. The technology Adobe has researched and developed to mimic the human voice is something that I would love to utilize in parts of the film that I am making. Does anyone know a way that I may be in touch with an Adobe employee to discuss this? Thanks to anyone and everyone in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

According to someone involved with the project, "While we’re very excited with Voco’s potential, we are still in the very early stages of developing the technology. We do not yet have anything that can be used in beta. Stay tuned and you will hear from us when we have something that is ready for external testing."

You aren't the only one who's interested!

Beta Testing #VoCo

Adobe Voco Beta Test

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're a U2U forum, and I'm afraid that we don't actually know who's behind VoCo. What we do know though is that it isn't a product as such, and so there isn't actually anything to use at all, nor beta test. I suspect that if it makes any progress, it will be integrated into an existing product rather than be stand-alone - and whilst I'll freely admit that this is a guess, it's an educated one, based on what's happened with similar ideas in the past that have come to any sort of fruition.

It's possible that one of the devs might be able to add something to this, of course - but we haven't heard anything else at all about VoCo since the original idea reveal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you who are wondering what VoCo is: #VoCo. Adobe MAX 2016 (Sneak Peeks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when is ADOBE VOCO will be ready for download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no idea. The team is not telling anyone outside the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more current updates to when or if there will be a beta testing opportunity? Or, if VoCo will be integrated into an Adobe product? If so, I'd love more info. - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to someone involved with the project, "While we’re very excited with Voco’s potential, we are still in the very early stages of developing the technology. We do not yet have anything that can be used in beta. Stay tuned and you will hear from us when we have something that is ready for external testing."

You aren't the only one who's interested!

Beta Testing #VoCo

Adobe Voco Beta Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fabulous, thank you! I will keep looking out for that message from Adobe about external testing! Can I ask where you came across this message from someone on the project so that I know where to keep an eye on? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just keep an eye on the Beta Testing #Voco in the link above. This seems to be the main thread here in the Audition Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnny: I asked around inside Adobe and that's the answer I got back, which they said I could share on the forum. That's all I know. (Honest!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always does this. Always!  Never trust anything Adobe announces at an Apple event. They have done this same exact thing for after effect features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

barubin88  wrote

Adobe always does this. Always!  Never trust anything Adobe announces at an Apple event. They have done this same exact thing for after effect features.

Oh, I agree entirely. Life was much better when anybody who actually knew anything was sworn to secrecy under an NDA and nothing was said about new products until they were at least testable, if not completely ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "announcement" was actually just a research demo at Adobe's annual MAX conference last year. They show all kinds of crazy things at the "sneak peeks" session — prototypes that may never see the light of day. I'm still waiting for "content-aware fill" to work on video. Lots of fun stuff to dream about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I see it's been a few months since the last response to this thread. Has VoCo progressed at all since? I'm very interested in using it for a film project. Is there anybody I can speak with directly at Adobe about that? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would be very interested in experimenting with this in a video installation I'm currently working on that would have the viewer read a sample text that includes all the words needed (hopefully less than 2 minutes) and then have the words reconfigured and played back. The piece is about obsessive compulsive behaviour/disorder. I sure hope there's someone at Adobe that wants to explore this with me! as someone else on this forum said. Pick me! pick me! wow, what  a technology!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is taking WAY too long to be released... I needed this the moment I first saw the demo. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to be released. It is still just a research project as far as we know with no more info about it being turned into an actual product I'm afraid, however exciting it sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, having seen the video, I'm wondering how long it would be before the first court case, as it's potentially dangerous. I'm beginning to wonder whether Adobe Legal won't be all over it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you should say that.  One of the tech shows on BBC World Service radio had a feature about this earlier today.  They linked it to the current "fake news" panic and how, once the technology is perfected, you could create fake statements from anyone you want.  As an example, they created quotes from Barack Obama and Donald Trump.  Not perfect if you listened carefully, but getting close.

Also interesting was that they mentioned several companies working on this and Adobe wasn't one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the only people who should be allowed to beta-test this (if it ever happens...) are the people who clearly don't need it. I'm getting a little suspicious about the rest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of how good it gets, there will always be computers that can determine if it's real or fake. Besides, the only thing it means for court is you can't believe every recording you hear... The same goes for photos in the age of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines