• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Dump

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the cart before the horse, but I'm trying to be prepared for an upcoming document dump. I'm expecting around a million pages. And I will need to search the documents using specific keywords.  BUT ... as it is a document dump, I'm fully expecting that the pages will be scanned as individual pages and will not be searchable. I'm thinking I will need to merge the individual documents and I will need to convert them so I can do a word search. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Once again, this is prep work. I don't have the documents yet, but will be under pressure to search them quickly. Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a million page PDF once. You REALLY wouldn't want to do that. And nothing would work: certainly not OCR. This is inconceivably beyond the limits and intentions of Acrobat, whether as one file or many. It's a big project, expect it to take person years. A common approach to OCR is to outsource it to where labour is cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines