Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

determine transformations?

Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can use a symbol to add an instance to a page and then apply a transform to it. Is it possible to query the the transformation matrix from javascript?

Regards

Wolfgang

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Symbols don't seem to have a matrix property, but you can try to use the BBAccumRotation tag, as described throughout this thread:

How reset the rotation of a PageItem (or access it's matrix at least) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

many thanks for pointing me in this direction. It seems that rotation and probably scaling can be deduced from that tag value. However, a simple mirror operation does not leave any traces (the width is still positive)

On the other hand, it seems that I can change a symbolItem's symbol while preserving the matrix. I hope that I can use this property to solve my problem

Regards

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are wanting to replace items inside a transformed symbol, you may be able to accomplish this via Envelope Distort as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines