Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I7 2600 in premiere pro and after effects

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having dell xps 8300
How good is the performance of i7 2600 in after effects and premiere pro?  I am going to use it as a starter. Will upgrade within a year or 6 months... Just wanted to know will it fair for a beginner?

Motherboard supports 16 gb Max. Will upgrade the graphics cards to GTX 1070 /1060.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the i7-2600 is a decent performer to get started with, it should handle HD/1080p projects fine but might benefit with proxies for 4k material. 16gb of memory and a gtx 1050 ti would be a normal config for HD/1080p with that cpu. it would require some special workflow, like gpu based plugins, to need a gtx 1060 or higher.

if you haven't already, you should check the power supply for which pcie power leads it has for a video card. if there aren't any available, there are some gtx 1050 ti cards that don't need any power cables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines