Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directory Chooser for Downloading File - with native path return

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

as the title claims I want / have to create a solution where the user selects a directory on the local filesystem where a file will be downloaded to afterwards.

In generel this shouldn't be a problem within any webaplication (with choosing the path by using "save as" offered by the browser). But I need to preserve the Information about the locally chosen path an return the full native destination path name.

As Javascript prevents local filesystem information to be populated i am searching for other solutions to accomblish this.

Due to security reason the FileReference will only return the file name when choosing a file for example as there is no possibility of folder access within the FileReference class, that's my current knowledge is.

However Adobe AIR provides the File class to access files and folders locally because it is installed as local application.

My final question to this issue is: Is it possible to create folder browser dialog with a "normal" flash application executed inside the browser or is it possible to embed an AIR application inside my Webpage? Or are there any other possible solutions?

It is important that i can get the Chosen path by the user, downloading the file in general isn't the problem.

Maybe there are also other solutions which may fit my circumstances and hope you can help me in answering this bothersome question.

Kind regards

Nachricht geändert durch C K I moved the question over to the ActionSCript section to get another view on this issue, thanks in advance.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't by-pass normal security measures when using a web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

So the only solution, assuming i want to use flash and actionscript, would be a clientside AIR app which would be initiated by the "website"?

Like described in this article?

Adobe AIR 1.5 * Installing and running AIR applications from a web page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't know if that's the only solution, but that would be one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines