• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a Print Manual Button to Online Help

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I single-ourced my html online help to a printed document. I fomatted that and saved as a pdf file. I'd like to add a print icon in multiple windows so that the user can click that (or a link that reads Print Procedural Manual) and it will take them to the printed document so that they can view/print the manual. I added the printer icon and made this a hyperlink, clicked the Link to FILE, then I browsed to the location of the file and said "Display in auto size popup". This is not working. I've done this before but I'm not a regular robohelp user anymore and have forgotten things. I'm getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, this online help is a demo so it needs to have a bit of jazz that I wouldn't otherwise think of adding - any suggestions on some impressive features that do not overshadow my writing?

Thanks!
Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a print button in your window options. This will allow the user to print the current topic or entire book. If you want it to print the pdf version, however, I would include the pdf as baggage and include a link ("printable manual') to it somewhere. When the pdf opens in the browser window, it should have a print button.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sue,

Just as another suggestions that the users have greatly liked in my online help - is using the dropdown expanding text for steps/added information. This keeps them from having long scrolled windows for areas not important to them. You can then add an Expand option to your toolbar (Robowizard has great information on this - http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#Downloads/Skinny_on_Skins.htm)

Christi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp