10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 5:04 AM by Mylenium

after effects titles in premier pro

Lana Reed

I've created a title in after effects and I want to overlay it over vision in premier pro. When I put the title over the vision I can't see the title. I've played with the 'blend' mode in opacity but it dulls the colour of the title. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: after effects titles in premier pro
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without more details nobody can tell you anything. Provide screenshots of how it looks in both programs and also a timeline screenshot from AE to understand what stuff you used to create the title.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: after effects titles in premier pro
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you say put the title over the vision I don't know what you mean. Is the title visible in the rendered movie from AE? Did you use the Lossless With Alpha preset to render your title. Unless you are an expert in rendering and video formats you should not be making up your own rendering settings. If you could see the title when you played with the blending modes then you have put the title below the video track instead of above it and/or the title has no alpha channel. In any case, without details and some indication of your experience level there no way to guess how many or which of the zillions of mistakes a user who tries to teach themselves how to use After Effects can make. I would suggest you do some studying and look at the basics of rendering, alpha channels and using After Effects with Premiere Pro.

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: after effects titles in premier pro
              Lana Reed Level 1

Thanks heaps for you feedback.  I am new to after effects and premier pro so thanks for your patience.

I created the title in after effects from a template which I purchased from Bluefx.  I’ve gone back and rendered again and made sure the alpha channel was selected.  I’m not sure its made any difference.

The pic attached is what I’ve done with it in Premier.  The orange on the title is quite washed out….it looks much brighter with just black behind it.

Any suggestions or is that as good as it gets?

Cheers

Lana

• 5. Re: after effects titles in premier pro

If there were any images, they got culled and you need to post them again. Same for your color issues, though I already suspect that you unwaringly used semi-transparencies somewhere and now see different colors when setting things against a different background. This would be normal, even if unintentional in your case. Either way, without some more concrete at hand we can't really help you specifically until those screenshots come in...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: after effects titles in premier pro
                  Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lana Reed wrote:

The pic attached

You can't attach a picture using email or from a phone.  You have to use a browser on a computer:

click here.jpg

• 7. Re: after effects titles in premier pro
                    Lana Reed Level 1

ok, hopefully pics are attached.

ps I rendered these as quicklimes in after affects and then imported into premier.  Not sure if that makes a difference?screen shot 1.jpgscreen shot2.jpg

thanks for your help.

• 8. Re: after effects titles in premier pro

I'm not seeing any color differences. Even lining up the images and comparing them using Difference blending mode gives almost perfect black in the areas in questions, translating to the actual differences in pixel values being (almost) zero. Seems you are victim to your own perception, though of course a JPEG screenshot will always have minor deviations.

Mylenium

• 9. Re: after effects titles in premier pro
                        Lana Reed Level 1

The orange bars in the title are washed out once I put the title over the vision.  Have I done everything right and just have to live with that?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Lana

• 10. Re: after effects titles in premier pro

Again, based on the images you provided, there is no actual difference in technical terms. Anything beyond that is based on perceptual phenomena - some colors next to otehr colors appear different just like scaled assets introduce additional antialaising, which may increase semi-transparent regions that then blend with the surroundings, in effect making items look thinner or less saturated.

Mylenium