• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New in PS. Help getting rid of my tripod traces.

Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the community. I am quite new "photoshoping". Unfortunately this time I can not look at the other side and replace my obstacle with other technique.

I need to edit this, no option, Is for a school presentation.

Basically I have 360 degrees (7) exposures of my room. I did not have a monopod (1 leg tripod) therefore...my 7 exposures have this kind of strip at the bottom.

Meaning the unrolled 360 with the black area from my 3 legs tripod.

Please check in the attachment.

R0010148.JPG

Questions:

1. Which tool you recommend to get rid of the tripod and cover that area with the blankets.

2. Is there any way to do that in the 7 pictures at the same time ?

Thanks a lot.

Bruno

(Moved from non tech forum)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

I am with you now

The answer is no - each time you use content aware you would potentially get a different result.

So -  I would blend your images into an HDR then either use content aware fill (or the clone stamp tool/patch tool ) on the final result.

You could also take a lot of the tripod out with a simple crop - but obviously that would change your final width to height ratio which may or may not be important depending on how you will use the result.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw a selection round the tripod area with the lasso tool then Edit - Fill - Content Aware

(I also added a curve to increase the exposure)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm​ wow that look impressive, do you know how I can replicate that to all my exporures ?

That is the reason i did not touch the cuve. I have 7 exposures of the same set that I will merge as an hdri.

So I am wondering if your technique will do the same effect in an over exposure pic and in a subexposed.

Thanks a lot

Edit:  I tried...it behaves differently in each sample of exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just added a curves adjustment layer above your merged and filled panorama and lifted the centre of the curve

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am not expressing well.

I have 7 samples same picture (7 exposures). All of them have the unwerapped tripod. I need to fill the are as you did and get the same outcome in each sample.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am with you now

The answer is no - each time you use content aware you would potentially get a different result.

So -  I would blend your images into an HDR then either use content aware fill (or the clone stamp tool/patch tool ) on the final result.

You could also take a lot of the tripod out with a simple crop - but obviously that would change your final width to height ratio which may or may not be important depending on how you will use the result.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines