I just bought the adobe premiere elements 14 last month.
It only shows one video timeline. I'm looking to add more timelines and play some of videos that play at the same time. Like having a ghost effect with 5 or more video clips playing played together at the same time.
Can I do this in this software or have I just bought the wrong software to do it.
As your question is "adding overlays". Follow these steps to get overlay effect in Premiere Elements:
1. Import first video clip on timeline.
2. Drag and drop the second video clip on the monitor above the first clip.
3. It will give some list of options, select Picture in Picture.
4. Click on Applied Effects from right panel.
5. Adjust opacity for the required effect.
You can repeat the same for multiple clips.